Annual Country Fair
New Braintree Center
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
12:00 pm FAIR OPENS
ALL DAY Food Vendors: Brick Oven Pizza, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Ice Cream, Fudge, Desserts and More
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Car Show $10 entry fee
Cow Plop Contest
Tag Sale - $10 per table (set up at 11am)
Vendors - Crafters
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Set Up Scarecrow Contest (see link for rules)
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm Registration 4-H Calf Show
12:30 pm – 4:00 pm Hay Rides
12:30 pm – 4:00 pm Pony Rides
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm 4-H Calf Competition & Demonstration
1:00 pm Kid’s Road Race
1:00 pm Chicken BBQ $13.00
2:00 pm Sign up for Frog Jumping Contest (see link for rules)
2:30 pm Frog Jumping Contest
2:30 pm Flippo the Clown
3:00 pm Scarecrow Contest Judging
3:00 pm – 8:00 pm Beer & Wine Garden with Zoll Winery
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Music by Ron Jones
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Bonfire
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Music by Nashville Blue
FROG JUMPING CONTEST INFO
Sign in begins at 2:00 pm Saturday at the Stage
Jumping will begin at 2:30 pm
All frogs are welcome and good care should be top priority!
Please keep Frog in a moist box in a shaded area with cushioning natural materials such as grass or moss.
Handle all racers with care and after their racing day is over return to where he or she calls home!
1. Frog will be judged on three successive jumps.
2. Frog cannot be touched after placing on starting spot, you may cheer, stomp the ground, clap, anything but touching frog. If touched, the frog will be disqualified.
3. Frog will have one minute to complete all three jumps, if not completed by the one minute mark, frog’s jump or jumps will be recorded as record.
4. All frogs are invited to attend.
5. Decisions of the Judge(s) are final.
6. Open to ages 12 and under.
7. Winner is determined by the longest total feet and inches a frog jumps during his two minutes or total of three jumps whichever comes first.
8. No Entry Fee. Only One Frog per person.
9. Champion of the Jump - the top three frogs will have a champion jump off.
COME JOIN THE FUN!
- Traditional Harvest Scarecrow – Most Likely to Scare a Crow! Typical farm & garden Scarecrow.
- Funny/Whimsical – These should make you smile! Cartoon figures, crazy characters, fairy tales.
- Spooky – No blood or gore please.
Check in is at the stage and set up is from noon to 2 pm. Each registrant is responsible for assembling and setting up his/her own scarecrow exhibit. Stakes will be provided by the Fair.
This is a family event. All entries must be in good taste. Any entries that reflect controversial social or political situations will not be accepted. No Entry Fee.
Entries will be judged on first impression, creativity, originality and skill. Decisions of the judges will be final.
Judging will take place at 3 pm.
All entries must be removed between 5 pm and 6 pm.